Monday, January 19, 2009

Up in the Air

I'm pondering the phrase "up in the air". Things with Dad are definitely 'up in the air'. He's scheduled for surgery one week from today, but the result? Who knows? God and only God knows how he'll make it through. We're staying hopeful and faith-filled....yet truly, who knows the days ordained for each one of us? Again, the only answer is God.
So then, just as it is unfathomable to me how the huge, heavy jet that I will board on Sunday will carry me through the sky at a rapid pace and safely bring me down to a safe landing again, I trust that it will be so.
So it is with God. Though unfathomable to me, God has all our days planned out, all the hairs of our head numbered. He cares for all peoples on the earth; all our needs, cares and concerns are foremost on his mind. This I know to be true.
When things in life are changing constantly, swirling at a rapid pace, feeling out of control, He is trustworthy. He can be trusted and His ways are best.
So, being "up in the air": when God's involved it's not as bad as it sounds. It's actually a great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment