Friday, January 23, 2009

Prayer

Through this time since Dad's stroke, wonderful friends have expressed their desire to help. I recall friends saying to me in the early days following Dad's stroke, "If there's anything I can do, let me know." I knew that they were referring to anything practical and helpful, useful, things. But my response was almost always, "Just please pray." Because, in this time of physical crisis for my Dad, suddenly everyTHING else took much less of a priority and all I found that I really cared about is him getting better, and it was apparent that to do that requires a touch from God.
So, if you pray......for me, for my dad, for any friend going through a tough time, that is truly the best gift you can give them!
When we pray we are calling on the power of the God who made the universe, the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, which is at work within us and available to us,and far greater than any power here on earth.
Ultimately, God is God and can do as He wishes. But He delights in his children calling on Him, asking Him to 'fix' things. Just as a loving father wishes to give good gifts to his earthly children, so our Heavenly Father longs to give good gifts to us.
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer.
Later today we will find out the time of Dad's surgery on Monday and I will pass that along to you so that you can be praying for him specifically during that time.
Thank you friend, for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment