Sunday, January 18, 2009

Swimming....

...I'm swimming in a sea of responsibilities and details - things to do and decisions to be made, and just under the surface at all times are my worries and concerns about Dad and Mom and their health and current situation.
I have one week before I leave to go resume my daughterly post in Florida, and before then, there's a very long list that's growing longer every day of things that I need to get done before I go. I honestly wonder if there'll be enough hours in this week to get it all done.
But let me just say that at a time like this, I couldn't go on without my friends, my family. We really do need each other to get through each day, and this is especially apparent in times of crisis.
Thanks to each of you - for encouraging notes, words, prayers you've prayed with me and for me, offers of help. I am so incredibly blessed by you, my friends.
In church today we sang the song "Everlasting God" and the words blessed me again...."You (God) are the Everlasting God; you do not faint, you won't grow weary. You're the Defender of the weak. You comfort those in need. You lift us up on wings like eagles."
He never changes - God is the same today and He was yesterday, and the same as He will be tomorrow. Friends and family may come and go, but God we have with us always; to the very end. He's my constant, never changing friend.
And you my friends, are "God with skin on" to me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment