Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday's Update From Zambia

We've heard from Zambia today! Please see the email below from Pastor Jeff updating everyone on what's happening in Zambia.
After reading this letter my eyes are filled with tears and my heart is thankful, because I can tell that this trip is without a doubt making just as much impact on Tyler and the others on the team as it did on Tim and me as we were there last year. I have to agree with what Jeff said in his email that the worship there is one of the things that impacted me the most....indeed, unlike anything I had previously experienced. The people who have nothing....worship God with their everything!
Everyone needs to go on a trip like this if given the opportunity!

Here's the update from Pastor Jeff:

Hey there,

Still no phone access. Micah arrives tomorrow and he has a phone.

Things are really good. Everything has been smooth and World Hope has been great to work with.

We visited some AIDS patients yesterday and were able to dialogue with them and ask them questions. It was very powerful. When we reflected last night as a team each person powerfully saw God at work on this trip. I can see each student grappling with how God is speaking to them individually. Today we held a school rally and worked with Reach 4 Life at a girls school. There were 900 students packed in this chapel. We did 3 songs, a skit, and I spoke. Many students came forward and God moved so powerfully. When they worshipped it was unlike anything we've ever experienced. They sang so loud we could hardly hear. Quite amazing.

Our students are serving their guts out. World Hope staff has commented to me several times at how much they are impressed with our students and how they are adapting and serving.

Tomorrow we go to Jembo and stay the night there and then do a major event Thursday where Reach 4 Life will be launched in a school there.

I'll keep you posted.

This has been a very powerful trip for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment