Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goodbye Preston Overway

Preston Overway, the father of my dear friend, Lisa Beals, passed away very unexpectedly early this morning, in his sleep.
A more caring, kind, gentleman than Preston, you'd never meet.
He was a man with a gentle, quiet strength.
Everyone who knew Preston Overway greatly respected and thought highly of him.
Through the years my friendship with Lisa allowed Preston and I to forge a special connection as well. He made me feel very special. He said "I love you" to me every time we were together, and I knew from the look in his eyes that he truly meant it.
This week we say Goodbye, and while we experience loss to no longer have him with us, our loss is heaven's gain, and I'm sure that Preston is basking in the radiance of heavenly sunshine.
Preston Overway, you are greatly missed and loved. Thank you for your life and example.

1 comment:

  1. During a week that I've really missed my dad, I googled his name to see what I'd find - and found this. Paula, I never saw this before. Thanks for such a special tribute to my daddy! Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete