Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

It's been a great Easter Day. It's been a very busy day. I played keyboard in the three services at our church this weekend; one last night and two this morning.
The music all weekend was wonderful; great and powerful songs with full choir, band and orchestra.
Many people took the 'walk' at the end of the service representing that they had come to know Christ this past year. It's a great highlight at our church every Easter to see many people whose lives have truly been changed forever because of the message of Easter: Jesus not only giving His life for us, taking our place of punishment, but also His coming back to life and offering us that very same power, to live in us each day through His Holy Spirit!

This afternoon Tim and I went to my in-law's home where we enjoyed dinner and good conversation with Tim's parents, siblings, nieces, nephews and uncle and aunt. All in all there were 22 of us there. I wish I could post pictures of the event, but I don't have my camera with me....Tyler borrowed it to take on his trip to Arizona.
Which leads me to the subject of Tyler and Emily; they were conspicuously absent at the family Easter dinner today. I missed their presence there!

They will be arriving by train tonight at 10:22 pm. Tim and I will go and eagerly greet them! It will be exciting to have them back home, and to hear about the experiences they've had these past ten days while serving the Navajos in Arizona.

I truly hope you had a wonderfully blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment