Wednesday, May 13, 2009

OpporKnockity

This morning as Pastor Wayne was teaching at Oasis, from 1 Corinthians 16, the passage of scripture had the word "opportunity" in it several times. This caused my mind to wander, to, of all things, a joke my dad used to tell.
If you know my dad, you know that he is a great joke teller - always has been, and he also is a piano tuner. So this joke he told was:
There was a piano tuner whose name was OpporKnockity. So this tuner, OpporKnockity tuned a piano for someone, but sadly, after the tuner had left, the customer realized that the tuner had not done a satisfactory job, and he called to have the tuner return. And the tuner's response was "No. OpporKnockity tunes only once."
Get it?
:)
If you don't, let me know and I'll help you out!

2 comments:

  1. Had to read it twice but am glad that I "got it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm giving a 'fireside' talk with some youth and this is just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete