Friday, May 22, 2009

Friends

This morning I met a friend for coffee whom I had not seen for ten years or more. We used to sing together in a singing group way back in the day when my kids were babies....and we had a great time doing that...we had lots of fun doing that together. Then after that group broke up, so did our reasons to get together.

It turns out that my friend's daughter is getting married next month, and I've been asked to play for the wedding. So today provided a good 'excuse' to get together; to chat about wedding music and to catch up with each others' lives.

And after spending time with Lynda, I am surprised, yet again, here is yet another good friend whom, despite the fact that we have not made an effort to keep in touch over the past decade, even still, the time we sent together today was as though the years had not been many between us. It was easy to jump right in and connect on a level more than surface deep....and share freely what God's been doing and showing us in our lives.

So, here's something I'd like to say to all of you who are reading this: whether our paths have crossed once, twice, multiple times too many to count; daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, once per decade,I am glad to know you, friend. Your role in my life is important to me. There are things I can learn from you, and I have things I am eager to share with you as well. Friendship is a wonderful gift! And today, on this prelude to the Memorial Day weekend, I am savoring memories of good times, and I am grateful for friends! I am grateful for YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALSO!!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR POST, THEY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME.

    PATRICIA CAMPBELL NEWMAN

    ReplyDelete