Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Counting Blessings.....starting with #1

Starting with #1 and in no particular order, today I am beginning to blog lists of blessings, great and small....and will add to it along the way.
#1 God
#2 salvation
#3 the sunshine of this October day
#4 the rare, Indian summer warmth of this October day in Michigan
#5 my husband
#6 my daughter
#7 my son
#8 my mom
#9 my dad
#10 friends
#11 clean water, readily available
#12 the ability to get from point A to B on my own two feet
#13 the gift of sight
#14 the gift of hearing
#15 the Bible, God's Word
#16 the freedom to worship
#17 music
#18 laughter
#19 autumn's beauty
#20 my dog, Jake

And there we go, in a matter of a few seconds, I've listed 20 blessings just like that. And I've only tapped the surface. I'll list more later.
What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Have you read the book, "One Thousand Gifts"?! Your post reminded me of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie:
    To give credit where credit is due, I do owe some inspiration I'm sure to Ann Voskamp because, although I have not read that book, I read Ann's blog which is full of similar ideas. And it is inspiring and motivating me to count my many blessings!

    ReplyDelete