Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So Blessed

I’m flying high above the earthly terrain that is below the jet taking me from St. Petersburg to Grand Rapids. I look down from my circular window in the sky and gain fresh perspective on how God looks down from way higher above our lives, and see how things come into focus differently from this angle. As God looks down and sees us; He can see the full, big picture, not just our little corner of the world. He truly is a great big wonderful God who holds the whole world in his hands.

As I travel today I’m listening to music for KCC’s upcoming weekend services, preparing to lead a rehearsal tomorrow and to play this weekend. The songs are full of faith and reflection on God’s greatness. Lyrics from one of the songs, “He’ll Do It” by Fred Hammond are:
My faith will carry me right to my destiny.
I am sure and there is no doubt in my mind. He’ll do it!
Having your word with me, my mind to guard, my heart to lead;
I’ve decided I’m pressing on come what may. Yes, I’m determined.
Your love has set me free. Therefore, I’m free indeed.
I am persuaded my strength lies within you. In that, O Lord, my victory’s sure.
I’m pressing on, I won’t turn back. Provision’s made; there is no lack.
Through sunshine and rain He said He’d be there.
Through heartache and pain He said He’d be there.
I know that there’s so much more for me.
My heart is ready, ready to receive.
I’m standing on His promise for He said He’d see me through and I know He’ll do it.

Another song: Great Is Thy Faithfulness….such a timeless hymn, speaks to me each time I hear it; every new day, in new ways, God is faithful.

Great is thy faithfulness….Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed thy hand has provided.
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

And one more great new song sung by Chris Tomlin, is God of This City….
You’re the God of this city,
You’re the King of these people,
You’re the Lord of this nation, you are.
You’re the light in the darkness,
You’re the hope to the hopeless,
You’re the peace to the restless, you are.
There is no one like our God!
Greater things are yet to come.
Greater things are still to be done in this city.

So I’m headed home…sort of crossing over from one ‘world’ to another: from Florida with my mom and dad, back to Michigan to my family of four and my friends and church. I’m tired and weary, but I’ll make it. I’m encouraged by reflecting on God’s faithfulness. His strength is quite literally the strength that enables me to get through each situation life is throwing my way; each current event in this day and the weeks and months ahead.
God and His faithfulness stays behind with my parents and will be their guide and hope and strength as well. And yours.
We have nothing to fear, nothing to dread or worry about. Our confidence is not in the things around us, but in God and Him alone.
As it says in Psalm 62:1-2:
“My soul finds rest in God alone. My salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation. He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

1 comment:

  1. Paula,
    Thank you for sharing your heart, faith and trust in God. A blessing to my heart. We're praying for all of your little family, both in Florida and Michigan.

    Love you,
    Ruth & Larry

    ReplyDelete